Date(s) - 23/04/2019
09:00 - 17:00
Walqa Technology Park
The FCH JU ELYntegration (www.elyntegration.eu)+ELY4OFF (www.ely4off.eu) projects have planned on 23rd May 2019 a joint workshop in Walqa, Spain, where the field testing site for both projects is situated.
The main objective of the workshop is to promote and facilitate a first exchange of views about the integration of Renewable Electricity through applications of WE technology. The joint event will bring together key industry stakeholders, potential end-users and technology developers for knowledge sharing.
The event will provide a forum to discuss the latest technological innovations. Key discussions will involve sharing challenges and opportunities related to hydrogen production from water electrolysis. The workshop will also provide the best platform to explore potential collaborations. The key topics are:
- Optimization of H2 production cost based on electricity source (PV, wind, grid)
- How off-grid affects to standard on-grid configuration from control perspective
- Current regulation barriers and recommendations to overcome them
- Power to H2: elements of value (values to the power grid, values to the gas grid, values to decarbonized industry, values to the UE Economy, etc…)
- R&D needs: demonstration at MW scale, reliability, durability, cost reduction, efficiency, mixing technology (and regulations)
- Harmonization testing protocols: grid balancing vs. off-grid